Links relating to the pre-1975 service pensions injustice
- Main article - The 'Pre-1975 Regular Other Ranks pension injustice'
- Updates - Updates about the pre-1975 service pensions injustice
- "We owe them a debt - so let's pay it' - Tribune article by Katy Clark MP (April 2015) - (broken link 2018)
- Armed Forces Pension Scheme and preserved pensions - Commons Library Standard Note SN01151 (May 2014 updated Jun 2014)
- Telegraph blogs 8 Mar 2013 - Forgotten heroes: Armed Forces veterans campaign for pensions justice [broken link]
- Forces Reunited - Equality in Veterans Pensions campaign
- BBC 'Look North' report (Spring 2011) about the pre-1975 veterans pension injustice [broken link]
- Parliamentary Written Answers 17 Jan 2011. Lisa Nandy MP asked a series of questions relating to this issue. Coalition Defence Ministers took the same MoD line as their Labour predecessors. See also Parliamentary Written Answers 28 Jun 2011 and 24 Jun 2010.
- Armed Forces Pension Scheme, legacy issues - Commons Library Standard Note SN01424 (updated version published Mar 2011)
- House of Commons Written Answers 12 June 2009 - Armed Forces Pensions
- House of Commons Debate secured by Colin Challen MP - 31 Jan 2007 - Armed Forces Pensions
- Daily Mail 25 Jun 2008 - Forgotten heroes denied pension rights
- Colin Challen (MP 2001-10): Time to end the pension injustice facing our Forces veterans
- Memorandum from the Ministry of Defence to the Defence Select Committee, 2002 - Legacy Issues for the Armed Forces Pension Scheme
- Ministry of Defence - Pre-AFPS 75 Factsheet - 'explains the situation with relation to those individuals who left service prior to April 1975 and had not completed enough reckonable service to qualify for an Armed Forces pension.'
- Critical analysis of above MoD Factsheet from Armed Forces Pension Group (AFPG) members page [broken link]
- Daily Telegraph 16 Nov 2003 - Veterans battle on for MoD cash
- House of Commons Early Day Motion, EDM 25 in 2012/13, Pension Rights for HM Forces
- GovYou - Pension Equality for Ex-service Veterans
- Forces Pension Society - Armed Forces Pensions Legacy Issues [broken link]
- Equality in Veterans Pensions - A Campaign on Forces Reunited
- Options on Leaving Your Employer - The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS): "Leaving service before 6 April 1975": [broken link, but for similar sources see Comparison with treatment of pre-1975 "early leavers" from other employments ]
"It first became a requirement to provide a preserved pension on 6 April 1975. Many pension schemes did not provide preserved pensions for members who left before then.
For contributory schemes, members were given a refund of their own contributions when they left service. For non-contributory schemes, membership lapsed without benefit."
- Hits: 4117