Navy sails into battle over future of forces
In an unashamed defence of the navy against thinly disguised criticism from the army in particular, Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope said that when crises erupted maritime forces were usually the first to arrive and the last to leave.
The navy, he added, had a "vital role to play in delivering this country's defence and security into the future, in delivering choices for the government, as much as in delivering firepower when required".
- Full article by Defence Corresondent Richard Norton-Taylor: Navy sails into battle over future of forces
- International Institute for Strategic Studies, addresses by Service Chiefs:
- General Sir David Richards (18.01.10) Future Conflict and its Prevention: People in the Information Age
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Dalton (15.02.10) - Dominant Air Power in the Information Age
- Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope (24.10.10) - Delivering Defence, Today and Tomorrow: The Maritime Contribution
- Hits: 1471